Friday, December 17, 2010

Featured Esoterics - Charles Hamilton

Charles Hamilton Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A

So, on this weekly corner we are going to have a featured forgotten or not very well known artists and some links to his/her music. And this week - Charles Hamilton.

Raised in Harlem, New York, creating music that is mostly is sample-driven. I would describe it mostly as having a slow and deep experimental sound surrounds his well crafted M.C.ing:

“When I sample, I’m not just doing it to sound good. I’m trying to tell a story. To convey an emotion. If I sampled it, there is a reason I sampled it. I believe that music is based on moments, and that there are some moments that people may have missed back in the day. They may have even missed it a year ago. When I sample, I’m giving the artist their respect, while simultaneously creating something new.”

Musician. Producer. Songwriter. Lyricist. Genius. Psycho. Hippie. Sonic the Hedgehog. This guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment